Saturday 31 August 2013

StyleSnaps: Bargains and beauty spots

Sometimes I go a bit mad and let the € signs get the better of me. The cheaper the better. I love having a brag about how I got a beautiful item at the most ridiculous price. Most of the time these items get worn once and then live in the back of the wardrobe...

 But I just could not leave this dress. The colour, the shape! The way it made me feel when I tried it on in the Charity shop on a groggy Saturday morning (like a green Marilyn Monroe, if you're wondering)! A €7, French Connection, (NEVER WORN)piece, even if it never gets worn, would definitely look well in my wardrobe!
 I teamed it with a wine ruffle skirt (also a charity shop buy at €3) and black T-bar heels (€20, Barrett's). I will admit that the zipper, ahem, does not go up all the way, but by wrapping the sash around the whole way and tucking it in, you'd never guess! I really hope I have somewhere to wear this soon, because it breaks my heart to leave this in my wardrobe unloved!



And, look! I'm wearing a beauty spot! Cute, no?!

2 comments:

  1. I love this dress. It's really like Marilyn Monroe's. You can even wear it to work if you have cardigan on. And the price is unbelievable, I myself sometimes find clothes with price tags still attached in the charity shops

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

LinkWithin