Saturday 8 March 2014

A Few of My Favourite Things


Do you remember that song? From the Sound of Music? The little ditty you sing when you feel bad things, "dog bits, bee stings, feeling sad". Well I'm simply going to remember my favourite things and then I might not feel so bad. (Doctor visit/dosage tweaking/counselling assessment/mindfulness and reflection all to take place on Monday, I don't really need to bore you with any further details other than to say, I'm slipping a little)

A friend of mine on Facebook has been recently taking part in 100 Happy Days: an initiative in which you post one thing that makes you happy everyday for 100 days. It's aim is to help you notice all the things in which you find joy. I hope I can start this soon. For now, here are a few things  that make me happy. (And perhaps display my compulsive need for materialistic things to keep myself perky, hmmm...)



Here's the deal:



Teasets

A love of a dear friend of mine that I have some to learn is quite calming - pretty teacups in which to place the miracle cure; tea. And you all know how a bargain makes me smile. I got this full set of bone china for €8.



Smells
The flickering glow of candles, feeling fresh and clean, being hydrated. As you know from my OCD tendencies, I like to be comfortable in my environment and I feel that nice lighting, being clean and drinking tea contribute well to calming my over-active neatness gland. Fresh, fruity fragrances are so very calming to a hostile environment so, scented candles, pretty soap (not sure I'll open it quite yet) and delicious herbal tea (in pretty boxes!) really are some of my favourite things right now!


caffeine free, from M&S




Cooking
My new soup-maker is a Godsend. A quick and easy way of making cheap, healthy food while making me feel like a kitchen pro.
Cauliflower, parmasan and almond
Tomato and pepper
Family
I recently took a weekend break with my mother. It was really lovely.
Cobh, Co. Cork

And my 16 year old brother has made me so proud lately by asking me for my blog address. He wanted it for a friend of his that has recently opened up to him about their feelings. He says that they may be going through a rough time and has been advising him/her on what to do. It's the small victories in life, eh? What a great guy - being so aware of mental health that his peers feel comfortable enough to open up to him. I may not feel 100% right now but I'm brimming with pride. Thanks A. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin