Thursday 12 July 2012

Flo & Snow

Sketch of Florence Welch by Amy Mc Mahon(sister)
Ireland does not lend itself to pretty concert clothes come festival time. They can hold all the summer concerts they want-it's a rare occassion that the weather will oblige the avid concert goer. Luckily, the Irish weather has equipped us with an inherent trait-being prepared. For all eventualities!

My sister and brothers were ever so kind to present me with three tickets to the Phoenix Park gig for my birthday, with such headliners as Florence + the Machine and Snowpatrol. I, on many an occassion, have been likened to the fiery Florence herself and Snowpatrol were my all time favourite band when I was 15. Weather forcast-bleak. Mud-most definitely. Day ruined? No chance, a little dull weather would never dampen my spirits.

Light garments such as a summer dress and tights kept me cool while layers such as cardigan and floral scarf equipped me for night time chills (We really go all out for concerts, hardcore and hopping til the very last note!)
Dress-€5, H&M; Belt-€5; Sunglasses-Present

 Of course rain jacket and wellington boots finish any Irish festival attire and just for fun and maybe just for a little colour in the dull July weather, bright clashing prints, jewellery and sunnies almost made me forget the damp and cold. Throw in a packet pasta lunch and really one can't go wrong ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin