Monday 9 July 2012

There, in Black & White

 I've decided to make a conscious effort with this blog in the actual writing department from now on. Photos and garments are all well and good but I'd find them so much more interesting if there was a bit of substance to them.

So therein lies this post's theme-substance. Post-thesis, end of college celebrations and general enjoyment of life; I'm not going to pretend that I haven't noticed my being on the "plumper" side lately. This isn't neccessarily a bad thing. I'll admit it didn't sit well with me at first when certain parts of my wardrobe, all of a sudden, weren't being given as much attention as they once knew. But to hell with it, if substance will make my blog a little more interesting then why not make life more interesting with a few curves!

Ever the party girl, I could not resist making a statment with my friend's recent "Monochrome" 21st birthday party. If someone is going to challenge my styling skills, then I must not disappoint!

Polka dots are always a black and white winner in my book-curvy and cute! My LBD, conveniently enough, has always sit better on a bit of extra flesh. Finally, this new beaded collar brings it all together (a recent purchase of many...) and although it may give me that Fench maid look, I like to think that mine is a more tasteful, classier and curvier ensemble! (And yes, my nails are orange. But I never said that you had to follow all the rules!)

Dress: €10, H&M
Tights: €7.50, H&M
Collar: SALE €9, Miss Selfridge
Belt: borrowed
Earrings: birthday present

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin